DDR College has been catering to the higher education needs of vast rural and academically , socially and economically challenged students of Chabua. Providing opportunities to learn degrees ,diplomas and Certificates of thousands of students over the years has always focused on the needs of the not so privileged and underprivileged sections of local indigenous communities and tribes. Besides, on the place of being placed in not so comfortable situation via the urban counterparts in terms of competition and job market, the impetus of such efforts have flowed towards developing awareness for the need to be self employed. Over the years and consistently the college has produced large number of small tea growers, grassroots level political leaders governing the local governments, hosts of traders and other categories of self employed members like voluntary organization workers , press reporters and successful self help group leaders / members. This is not to undermine the success of our alumni as school teachers and government sector employees. At times , our institution has succeeded in producing sports men and women of caliber. This mission rationale of an higher education institution are many, and when established in the rural area ,the mission itself becomes challenging to realize and pursue. However , DDR College has succeeded to some extent in prevailing over the social, economic and physical odds. This part of north east India has seen percolation of the benefits of the strides of the large Indian and Assam’s urban economy. Technology quite late and almost midway of the last decade. Thus the college during the second half of the last decade endeavored to pay homage to the founders of the institution by optimally using the opportunities. New classrooms , a large auditorium , renovation of the Library and adding many more publications and journals , internet connectivity Guwahati University approved and sanctioned Computer and PG Courses , UGC approved and sanctioned courses , extension programs , career guidance / counseling programs , organizing a number of national and state level seminars, guest lectures by eminent people and constant interaction with the civil society for uplift of the academic educational environment are some of the effort for quality assurance. The institutional effort are on a war footing and the institution has already proposed some collaborations with the faculties from institutions of international and national eminent like the Himachal Pradesh University (HPU), Visva-Bharati (Santiniketan), Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Indian institute of Banking Management (IIBM), etc. The College also proposes to online/ video conferencing with faculties and Resource Persons from such institutions of eminent in the incoming academic sessions subject to availability of funds and resources.
Facilities in the Campus:
1. High Tech Classrooms & Computer Lab.
2. Experienced & Qualified Lecturers
3. Library And Reading Room
4. Ncc Team & Guides
5. Canteen Facility .
6. Discipline playground.
Recognition Of Courses:
All the courses offered by us are recognized by University The Degree/ Diploma are awarded by respective university on successful completion of courses.
The academic schedule for the H.S & B.A./B.Com programs in the semester system shall be administered by the Academic calendar of the University published for every Academic session
RULES & REGULATION
• Every student must maintain the values and ideals of the college and no one will be allowed to tarnish the image.
• Discipline must be maintained in the college by the students. Any kind of breach of discipline will be severely dealt with.
• Any damage to the college property must be compensated along with fines that would be imposed by the college authority.
• Students must come to the college in full Uniform.
• Mobile and other such electronic gadgets will not be permitted inside the college campus. Detection of any will lead to seizure of the same which will not be returned.
• it is mandatory for students not to loiter about in the streets, markets or any other places in College Uniform.
• Use of Tobacco related product or any intoxication substances are strictly banned in the College Campus.
• Students are responsible for their personnel belongings.
• Attendance in all class/Sessional test /final examination is compulsory.